Here you can get free NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science, of Chapter 4 Carbon And Its Compounds. All NCERT Book Solutions are given here exercise wise for Carbon And Its Compounds. NCERT Solutions are helpful in the preparation of several school level, graduate and undergraduate level competitive exams. Practicing questions from NCERT Science Book, its Solutions for Class 10 Chapter 4 Carbon And Its Compounds is proven to enhance your subject skills.
|Name:||Carbon And Its Compounds|
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 4 – Carbon And Its Compounds
NCERT Class 10 Solutions Chapter 4 – Carbon And Its Compounds are given below.NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 4 Carbon and its Compounds View Download
|« Previous||Next »|
Class 10 Science Chapter 4 NCERT Solutions
Get step by step solutions for the questions given in class 10 Science textbook from the latest NCERT as per board exam guidelines.
Class 10 Science Chapter 4 Important Topics
1. Bonding in Carbon – The Covanet Bond
2. Versatile Nature of Carbon
– Saturated and Unsaturated Carbon Compounds
– Chains, Branches and Rings
– Will you be my Friend?
– Homologous Series
– Nomenclature of Carbon Compounds
3. Chemical Properties of Carbon Compounds
– Addition Reaction
– Substitution Reaction
4. Some important Carbon Compounds – Ethanol and Ethanoic Acid
– Properties of Ethanol
– Properties of Ethanoic Acid
5. Soaps and Detergents
Summary Chapter 4 Class 10 Science
- Carbon is a versatile element that forms the basis for all living organisms and many of the things we use.
- This large variety of compounds is formed by carbon because of its tetravalency and the property of catenation that it exhibits.
- Covalent bonds are formed by the sharing of electrons between two atoms so that both can achieve a completely filled outermost shell.
- Carbon forms covalent bonds with itself and other elements such as hydrogen, oxygen, sulphur, nitrogen and chlorine.
- Carbon also forms compounds containing double and triple bonds between carbon atoms. These carbon chains may be in the form of straight chains, branched chains or rings.
- The ability of carbon to form chains gives rise to a homologous series of compounds in which the same functional group is attached to carbon chains of different lengths.
- The functional groups such as alcohols, aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids bestow characteristic properties to the carbon compounds that contain them.
- Carbon and its compounds are some of our major sources of fuels.
- Ethanol and ethanoic acid are carbon compounds of importance in our daily lives.
- The action of soaps and detergents is based on the presence of both hydrophobic and hydrophilic groups in the molecule and this helps to emulsify the oily dirt and hence its removal.
Exercise Covered under Science Book Class 10 Science Chapter 4 NCERT Solutions
Here on this page we have covered following exercises from NCERT Science Book for Class 10 Science Chapter 4 Carbon And Its Compounds
|Questions||All Questions Solved|
|Exercises||15 Questions with Solutions|
We also suggest you to practice all the solved examples given in the NCERT book to clear your concepts on Carbon And Its Compounds. You can buy NCERT Books for Class 10 Science online for doorstep delivery.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Chapter Wise
If you want NCERT solutions of any topic other than Chapter 4 Carbon And Its Compounds, check it from here. Science Book by NCERT has all chapters that are in your Class 10 syllabus.
- Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions And Equations
- Chapter 2: Acids, Bases and Salts
- Chapter 3: Metals and Non-metals
- Chapter 4: Carbon And Its Compounds
- Chapter 5: Periodic Classification Of Elements
- Chapter 6: Life Processes
- Chapter 7: Control and Coordination
- Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution
- Chapter 10: Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Chapter 11: The Human Eye and the Colourful World
- Chapter 12: Electricity
- Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- Chapter 15: Our Environment
- Chapter 16: Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
NCERT Solutions Class 10 All Subjects
All NCERT Solutions for Subjects other than Science are provided below:
Other Classes NCERT Solutions
If you want NCERT solutions of any class other than Class 10, check it from here.
|Class 12||Class 11|
|Class 10||Class 09|
|Class 08||Class 07|
|Class 06||Class 05|