Here you can get free NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science, of Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals. All NCERT Book Solutions are given here exercise wise for Metals and Non-metals. NCERT Solutions are helpful in the preparation of several school level, graduate and undergraduate level competitive exams. Practicing questions from NCERT Science Book, its Solutions for Class 10 Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals is proven to enhance your subject skills.
|Name:||Metals and Non-metals|
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 3 – Metals and Non-metals
NCERT Class 10 Solutions Chapter 3 – Metals and Non-metals are given below.NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non-Metals View Download
|« Previous||Next »|
Class 10 Science Chapter 3 NCERT Solutions
Get step by step solutions for the questions given in class 10 Science textbook from the latest NCERT as per board exam guidelines.
Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Important Topics
1. Physical Properties
– Non – Metals
2. Chemical Properties of Metals
– What happens when Metals are Burnt in Air?
– What happens when Metals react with Water?
– What happens when Metals react with Acids?
– How do Metal react with Solutions of other Metal Salts?
– The Reactivity Series
3. How do Metals and Non – Metals react?
– Properties of Ionic Compounds
4. Occurrence of Metals
– Extraction of Metals
– Enrichment of Ores
– Extracting Metals Low in the Activity Series
– Extracting Metals in the Middle of the Activity Series
– Extracting Metals towards the top of the Activity Series
– Refining of Metals
– Prevention of Corrosion
Summary Chapter 3 Class 10 Science
- Elements can be classified as metals and non-metals.
- Metals are lustrous, malleable, ductile and are good conductors of heat and electricity. They are solids at room temperature, except mercury which is a liquid.
- Metals can form positive ions by losing electrons to non-metals.
- Metals combine with oxygen to form basic oxides. Aluminium oxide and zinc oxide show the properties of both basic as well as acidic oxides. These oxides are known as amphoteric oxides.
- Different metals have different reactivities with water and dilute acids.
- A list of common metals arranged in order of their decreasing reactivity is known as an activity series.
- Metals above hydrogen in the Activity series can displace hydrogen from dilute acids.
- A more reactive metal displaces a less reactive metal from its salt solution.
- Metals occur in nature as free elements or in the form of their compounds.
- The extraction of metals from their ores and then refining them for use is known as metallurgy.
- An alloy is a homogeneous mixture of two or more metals, or a metal and a non-metal.
- The surface of some metals, such as iron, is corroded when they are exposed to moist air for a long period of time. This phenomenon is known as corrosion.
- Non-metals have properties opposite to that of metals. They are neither malleable nor ductile. They are bad conductors of heat and electricity, except for graphite, which conducts electricity.
- Non-metals form negatively charged ions by gaining electrons when reacting with metals.
- Non-metals form oxides which are either acidic or neutral.
- Non-metals do not displace hydrogen from dilute acids. They react with hydrogen to form hydrides.
Exercise Covered under Science Book Class 10 Science Chapter 3 NCERT Solutions
Here on this page we have covered following exercises from NCERT Science Book for Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals
|Questions||All Questions Solved|
|Exercises||16 Questions with Solutions|
We also suggest you to practice all the solved examples given in the NCERT book to clear your concepts on Metals and Non-metals. You can buy NCERT Books for Class 10 Science online for doorstep delivery.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Chapter Wise
If you want NCERT solutions of any topic other than Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals, check it from here. Science Book by NCERT has all chapters that are in your Class 10 syllabus.
- Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions And Equations
- Chapter 2: Acids, Bases and Salts
- Chapter 3: Metals and Non-metals
- Chapter 4: Carbon And Its Compounds
- Chapter 5: Periodic Classification Of Elements
- Chapter 6: Life Processes
- Chapter 7: Control and Coordination
- Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution
- Chapter 10: Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Chapter 11: The Human Eye and the Colourful World
- Chapter 12: Electricity
- Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- Chapter 15: Our Environment
- Chapter 16: Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
NCERT Solutions Class 10 All Subjects
All NCERT Solutions for Subjects other than Science are provided below:
Other Classes NCERT Solutions
If you want NCERT solutions of any class other than Class 10, check it from here.
|Class 12||Class 11|
|Class 10||Class 09|
|Class 08||Class 07|
|Class 06||Class 05|