Here you can get free NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science, of Chapter 2 Acids, Bases and Salts. All NCERT Book Solutions are given here exercise wise for Acids, Bases and Salts. NCERT Solutions are helpful in the preparation of several school level, graduate and undergraduate level competitive exams. Practicing questions from NCERT Science Book, its Solutions for Class 10 Chapter 2 Acids, Bases and Salts is proven to enhance your subject skills.
|Name:||Acids, Bases and Salts|
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 2 – Acids, Bases and Salts
NCERT Class 10 Solutions Chapter 2 – Acids, Bases and Salts are given below.NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 2 Acids, Bases and Salts Download
|« Previous||Next »|
Class 10 Science Chapter 2 NCERT Solutions
Get step by step solutions for the questions given in class 10 Science textbook from the latest NCERT as per board exam guidelines.
Class 10 Science Chapter 2 Important Topics
1. Understanding the chemical properties of Acids and Bases
– Acids and Bases in the Laboratory
– How do Acids and Bases React with Metals?
– How do metal Carbonates and Metal Hydrogen carbonates React with Acids?
– How do Acids and Bases react with each other?
– Reaction of Metallic Oxides with Acids
– Reaction of a Non – Metallic Oxide with Base
2. What do all Acids and Bases have in common?
– What happens to an Acid or a Base in a Water Solution?
3. How strong are Acid or Base solutions?
– Importance of pH in everyday life
4. More about Salts
– Family of Salts
– pH of Salts
– Chemicals from Common Salt
– Are the Crystals of Salts really Dry?
Summary Chapter 2 Class 10 Science
- Acid-base indicators are dyes or mixtures of dyes which are used to indicate the presence of acids and bases.
- Acidic nature of a substance is due to the formation of H+ (aq) ions in solution. Formation of OH– (aq) ions in solution is responsible for the basic nature of a substance.
- When an acid reacts with a metal, hydrogen gas is evolved and a corresponding salt is formed.
- When a base reacts with a metal, along with the evolution of hydrogen gas a salt is formed which has a negative ion composed of the metal and oxygen.
- When an acid reacts with a metal carbonate or metal hydrogen carbonate, it gives the corresponding salt, carbon dioxide gas and water.
- Acidic and basic solutions in water conduct electricity because they produce hydrogen and hydroxide ions respectively.
- The strength of an acid or an alkali can be tested by using a scale called the pH scale (0-14) which gives the measure of hydrogen ion concentration in a solution.
- A neutral solution has a pH of exactly 7, while an acidic solution has a pH less than 7 and a basic solution a pH more than 7.
- Living beings carry out their metabolic activities within an optimal pH range.
- Mixing concentrated acids or bases with water is a highly exothermic process.
- Acids and bases neutralize each other to form corresponding salts and water.
- Water of crystallization is the fixed number of water molecules present in one formula unit of a salt.
- Salts have various uses in everyday life and in industries.
Exercise Covered under Science Book Class 10 Science Chapter 2 NCERT Solutions
Here on this page we have covered following exercises from NCERT Science Book for Class 10 Science Chapter 2 Acids, Bases and Salts
|Questions||All Questions Solved|
|Exercises||15 Questions with Solutions|
We also suggest you to practice all the solved examples given in the NCERT book to clear your concepts on Acids, Bases and Salts. You can buy NCERT Books for Class 10 Science online for doorstep delivery.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Chapter Wise
If you want NCERT solutions of any topic other than Chapter 2 Acids, Bases and Salts, check it from here. Science Book by NCERT has all chapters that are in your Class 10 syllabus.
- Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions And Equations
- Chapter 2: Acids, Bases and Salts
- Chapter 3: Metals and Non-metals
- Chapter 4: Carbon And Its Compounds
- Chapter 5: Periodic Classification Of Elements
- Chapter 6: Life Processes
- Chapter 7: Control and Coordination
- Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution
- Chapter 10: Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Chapter 11: The Human Eye and the Colourful World
- Chapter 12: Electricity
- Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- Chapter 15: Our Environment
- Chapter 16: Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
NCERT Solutions Class 10 All Subjects
All NCERT Solutions for Subjects other than Science are provided below:
Other Classes NCERT Solutions
If you want NCERT solutions of any class other than Class 10, check it from here.
|Class 12||Class 11|
|Class 10||Class 09|
|Class 08||Class 07|
|Class 06||Class 05|